|Cornice Installation Guide:
- Using the height of the cornice, establish a horizontal reference line on wall for
bottom of cornice.
- Mark reference line at perimeter of room and tack a wood strip at this elevation.
(Remove when complete)
- Using an outside corner as a starting point, (start with inside corner if job
does not require any outside corners) miter one end of casting.
- Locate studs and mark stud locations on wall and castings.
- Predrill and countersink casting at marked locations.
- Apply construction adhesive to contact points of cornice to wall and ceiling.
- Rest Cornice on wood strip and (using galvanized screws) screw cornice to studs.
Optional Method of attachment: Fasten wood blocking to ceiling & wall and attach
casting to wood blocking.
- Fill joints and screw holes with plaster: allow to dry and sand smooth.
- Fill open seams with paintable caulk where cornice meets wall and ceiling.
- Prime and paint.
A PDF file for Cornice and Ceiling Medallion installation ( 180Kb ) is available.
Click here to download it.
1- 800 - 392 - 6896 | Fax: 610 - 275 - 6636
Felber Ornamental Plastering Corporation ©
Terms & Conditions